North Edmonton Alliance Church (NEAC) has been serving our members and local neighbourhood as a Christ-centered community for over 35 years. We are a diverse congregation with ministries conducted in English and Cantonese. We also house a small African congregation for Sunday worships and other special events. We are engaged both in local faith-based programs and international evangelical initiatives as far as Aruba and Spain. Our Sunday worship services, led by a four-member pastoral team, attract about 250 people every week.
The Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Term: Full Time (40 hours per week), Long Term
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Start Date: June 1, 2021
Salary: As per position pay grade
Benefits: Annual vacation, retirement plan, health, dental, and disability insurance plan available.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant is an integral part of the NEAC team. The role provides support to the pastors, and offers assistance to the ministry departments in a variety of basic administrative functions such as clerical handling, data tracking, information processing and events liaising.
To enjoy fulfillment and success in the Administrative Assistant role at NEAC, the candidate should have a high school diploma as a minimum and possess the following qualities:
- Your everyday life is a faith journey with Christ intimately anchored at the center.
- You walk every step as a Spirit-empowered Christ follower.
- People matter to you – You see the good in others and you are passionate about building relationships.
- You resolve conflicts with kindness and courage.
- You consistently offer your best because you deeply believe that people deserve it.
- You value supervision and teamwork but you thrive on working independently.
- You know the decisions you make and the actions you take can make a difference, even when you work alone.
- You are comfortable using computers – You can use Microsoft Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel to create and edit documents.
- You are fluent in online and electronic communications.
- You are proficient in speaking and typing in English as well as in Chinese.
Competition Closing Date: April 23, 2021.
Conditions: Employment is contingent on criminal background check clearance.
Applying: Please email your resume with cover letter to our Senior Pastor, Rev. Gabriel Li at firstname.lastname@example.org.